Product Manager Medical
Victor Paashuis, Group Director Product Strategy:
“As a professional player with an excellent track record in the Medical Patient Handling market it is now time to show the difference we continuously make in our market. In order to keep our position and enable sustainable growth of our business, we are professionalizing our Product Management approach. Do you really want to make the difference?”
To support our ambitious growth opportunities in our Medical Patient Handling business, we are searching for a strong:
Product Manager Medical
In this position you will actively contribute to our Growth & Innovation strategy. You will launch newly developed product lines, and develop the existing product portfolio in order to create and integrate new products for this growth market. For this position we are looking for a strategic thinker with a strong drive to find and create business opportunities.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Startup & manage a product line through its life cycle including positioning, naming, branding, commercial messaging, forecasting and Go-to-Market activities
- Find new markets and customers by market mapping, competitive analyses, customer visits and collection of Voice of the Customer (VOC) information
- Translate market information / VOC into realistic market opportunities as an input for the strategic plan
- Co-create strategies, technology roadmap and business plans
- Build strong relationships with sales, purchasing, operations and engineering in order to provide input for Product Development
- Train and motivate our sales staff so that they can successfully identify new opportunities and find new customers or markets
- Guide and challenge the sales staff to align the hunt on market opportunities with the product line strategy.
- Actively monitor and influence the design engineering activities according to the product line strategy.
What do we expect from you?
- Relevant Master or Bachelor degree
- Mid-career, 7+ years product management experience
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable in medical markets
- As a professional you have a strong marketing back ground and strategic skills to define growth and you have a successful track record in defining product roadmaps
- You are able to understand and translate customer and market signals in a structured way and able to represent Power Packer on different (international) stakeholder levels
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. You focus on medium term results and you’re able to manage your planning and set priorities
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial and vibrant personality willing to make the difference inside and outside the Power-Packer organization
- Excellent communication skills (English verbal and written). German is a plus
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation
- Willing to travel frequently (~40%)
Choose opportunity – choose Power Packer!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Sanlo, Gits and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine, Special Vehicles & Equipment. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Are you interested?
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.